Moments in time captured with various odd symbols referred to in the lingua franca as letters.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Late Update

It is time for an update. I was in Spain for about two weeks and couldn’t think of anything good to write, plus I was trying to write a bit of fiction. That went ok, but I am not really satisfied with my work: I never seem to be. I expect perfection from myself. I hate doing things half assed. I think this is a positive attribute that I possess, but at the same time I can see that it also holds me back from trying new things here and there. What usually goes along with this type of attitude is the fear of failure. I don’t know why I have that. To fail is to be human and everyone will sooner or later. The trick is to learn how to turn that failure into a future desire to succeed again. I am talking in clichés here and will just give the book list as it currently stands.


Reading list 2011:


1. I Married a Communist by Phillip Roth (finished)

2. Freedom by Jonathan Franzen (finished)

3. Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer (non-fiction)

4. Going After Cacciato by Tim O´Brien

5. The Green House by Mario Vargas Lhosa (hard to find in English)

6. Grimms Wörter by Günter Grass

7. Buddha’s Little Finger by Victor Pelevin (taken a break for now)

8. Lord Jim by Joseph Conrad (finished)

9. Invisible by Paul Auster (finished)

10. The Widows of Eastwick by John Updike (finished)

11. Peeling the Onion by Günter Grass (currently reading)

12. The Blind Assassin: a Novel by Margaret Atwood (finished)


______________

No comments:

Followers